Welcome to the Faculty Guide
Welcome to our Library! Here in our library you will find a wealth of information to support your scholarly efforts here at Cal Poly. We hope you will take a few minutes to go through this guide and learn of some of the features of our library, and that you will use this guide for future reference.
Questions about our instructional programs and services? Contact Information Literacy Coordinator Christy Stevens at email@example.com, 909-869-4236.
|You are automatically registered with the library each quarter. Your Bronco Access Card is your library card. A library pin/password is needed for many transactions and for remote access to databases. You can check out a total of 150 books at a time. You are subject to overdue fines.|
- Click here to make your pin/password. We recommend that you use your Bronco Direct password so you don't forget it.
- Loan Periods and Limits in detail
- Faculty Borrowing rules in detail
- Get Materials Not at Our Library (LINK+, Document Delivery, and other libraries you can visit)
Blackboard and the Library
The Library's Research Guides are now integrated into Blackboard! Look for the Research Guides link in your Blackboard classrooms to review guides that are available for your specific course/discipline. For more information about ways you can integrate library resources and services into Blackboard, visit the following pages:
Requesting Purchases/New Subscriptions
Contact your Subject Librarian or use our online Suggestion for Purchase form. Most book purchase requests will be honored, but requests for new journals, serials, or databases have to be carefully evaluated. Books are usually ready for use within 30 days of request. If you are requesting a book for Reserve or need the book by a certain date, please let us know when you make the request and it will be treated as a rush order.
- New Materials by Subject, updated monthly, RSS feed available
- Collection Development Policy (Bronco ID required)
- The Cal Poly Pomona Library Collection
- Responsible Use of Electronic Resources
- Donations to the collection
Affordable Learning Initiative
|Faculty and students at Cal Poly Pomona have been voicing their concern about the high cost of textbooks for some time. The Affordable Learning Initiative project is the campus response to this concern. See the Affordable Learning Initiative website for more information.|
Special Events Room Reservation
|You can reserve the [Special] Events Room under certain conditions. See http://www.csupomona.edu/~library/about/special_events_room.html for information and the request form.|
What to tell your students
If you only have a brief time to mention Library Services to your students, there are three things you should mention:
1. Tell them to look at the New Users Guide. This is a fairly exhaustive listing of library services with explanatory links.
2. Have them use the Library FAQ: Most common questions are already answered here. The FAQ is accessible from the upper right hand corner of the Library Home page and from a lot of other places in our website (see the box below). If they don't find an answer, they can also leave a question to be answered via Email.
|3. When in the library, they can get help: a good starting place is the second floor Circulation/Reserve Desk; the people there can refer them to other places in the building to get help.|
|Click here to get a printable (pdf) guide to these three things that you can give to your students.|